Sunday, October 26, 2014

The histamine bucket

Writing down everything I ate was the best way to stay on top of eliminating my histamine. For the first 4-6 weeks, it's essential. That way I could take note of what I ate to apply a 4-day rotation rule. But also I could take note of what foods triggered a reaction. Because yes, even if you're following an elimination diet, some foods will still trigger you. At that point, what's known as your histamine bucket is overflowing.

If you're thinking that a histamine elimination diet and writing down everything you eat sounds like a pain, believe me it's worth it. When histamine is ruling your life and making you feel miserable, you'll be willing to give it a go.

Personally, my hives, anxiety, bloating, stomach ache and rapid heart beat got so bad I was desperate. I remember going to London for a few days and leaning against my other half in a pub like a rag doll. I couldn't even sit up properly I was so exhausted. But the thought of seeing yet another doctor for yet more medication made me feel like I was going round in circles.

Now don't me wrong, a histamine elimination diet is not a cure all. It takes time to get all that excess histamine out of your system. But as time goes on, those bouts of reaction will be less and less often. Once you go a whole week without symptoms you'll feel so grateful. And that's a feeling you'll want to hold on to. 

xoxo

Honey Bee

(I am by no means an expert so this advice is purely informational)

No comments:

Post a Comment

onload='show_en();'