Friday, October 17, 2014

Hair loss


Things come in 3's right? So when my hair started falling out, I thought okay, okay, here's the 3rd thing. No, no, I wasn't calm at all. It was more WHAT IS HAPPENING! I'm not sure if it was all connected to my urticaria and the long-term stress of it all. But in terms of timing, my hair started falling out around the same time that my seb derm started.

Anyone who's gone through massive hair loss will know what I'm talking about. Hair is all over the floor. You get up in the morning, hair is all over your pillow. You wash your hair and the drain gets blocked with hair. You run your hands through your hair and strands come out. You can see your scalp more and more. You look in the mirror and see yourself with 50% less hair.

My scalp became so visible it looked like I had bald spots. My centre parting got so white I now wear a side parting to cover up the hole. And I'm growing out my fringe to give the illusion of more hair.
 
My solution was to start taking Lero Phaneres - a natural cocktail of vitamin B, zinc, vitamin E, amino acids, omega 6 and 3. It's recommended for hair and nails. I'm on my 3rd month currently. I also started taking Spatone - a low dose of liquid iron treatment with vitamin C. The reason being that my iron was a little on the lower side and low iron can contribute to hair loss. I just started my 2nd month of that.

So, is it working? It didn't right away that's for sure. But during my 2nd month of Lero Phaneres I started noticing baby hairs growing around my forehead. And now it looks like I have a tiny fringe growing. What used to be my centre parting however is still a gaping hole. But I can see a few small hairs growing on my scalp here and there. They're much harder to spot than the ones at the front around my forehead, so I may have more that I think. Here's hoping. 

As for the iron, I'm not sure if it's contributing to the baby hairs, there's no way of knowing. But for the moment, I'm happy enough to finish my 3 month cure because it makes me feel less tired. Which is something. 

xoxo

Honey Bee

(I am by no means an expert so this advice is purely informational)

No comments:

Post a Comment

onload='show_en();'